Punjab Information Technology Board’s technology incubator Plan9 is accepting applications for Launchpad 14
The Launchpad is a legitimate platform for aspiring startups who have brilliant tech ideas to improve or introduce a service or a product for Pakistan.
If you have an idea that is solving a problem leveraging technology and has the potential to make a dent in the market, this is your chance to expedite your way to success. After 7 years and 13 cycles, more than 180 startups have graduated from this incubator platform.
The Launchpad is a flagship event of Plan9 that will take place in three major cities Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad along with Faisalabad, Gujranwala and Multan. Dates will be available on their social mediums.
Startups which are selected in the cohort are given access to these services for six months:
- Free Office Space
- Stipend (20K per person up to 5 for 6 months)
- Networking Opportunities
- Legal Assistance
- Trainings and Workshops
- Zero Equity
Teams from all over Pakistan are called to participate. On selection, the team has to re-locate to Lahore for 6 months. The eligibility criteria is:
- Be a Pakistani national.
- Required age is 18 years or above.
- A brilliant idea and passion.
- Present a mock-up/wire-frame/prototype of the product on the Pitching Day.
- Business idea should be based on any technology domains mentioned below.
- Mandatory attendance from 10am – 6pm for six-month incubation at Plan9.
- Having a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and a qualified Chief Technical Officer (CTO) is mandatory.
- One video of your pitch is essential to be shared (make a pitch video (demo)–upload it on YouTube and share the link). It is the last question and your application form cannot be submitted without it.
Tech Startups Domains
Plan9 is a technology incubator, so your business idea must have a tech component. Your startup could be in any domain related to technology such as:
- Consumer Tech (e-commerce)
- EdTech (Education Tech)
- FinTech (Finance Tech)
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Artificial Intelligence – AR/VR
- Creative Online Content
- SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Mobile App
In the last few years, Pakistan’s startup industry has expanded immensely. There are now more and more tech startups around us. In the technology ecosystem, Pakistan is going to make a mark in the global landscape of innovation. Let’s be a part of bringing technological advancement in Pakistan. The last date to apply is 3rd November, 2019.
Read more from ProperGaanda: Young Creatives: Meet The Visual Artist Behind “Dear World, Hold On!”