If you’re tired of visiting the same busy restaurants in Lahore, it’s always a good idea to take a trip to old Lahore and have the full cultural experience! The food street at old Lahore has an amazing view of Badshahi Mosque and a number of rooftop restaurants serving delicious desi food! Towards the end of the street there are also small stalls selling inexpensive but super cute jewellery piece, toys for kids and so much more! Here are a few places you can visit in Old Lahore:
- Haveli (@havelirestaurantrooftop) is enjoyed by a number of customers for their amazing interior design, great food quality and outstanding service. Their food is delicious and economical at the same time. They have live musicians singing upon requests to lighten the mood. Make sure to get your picture taken infront of their neon sign at the entrance.
2. Andaaz (@andaazrestaurantofficial) : Andaaz’s rooftop has a frontal view of Badshahi Masjid while their restaurant has a traditional setting. Their staff is extremely welcoming and offers refreshing drink shots of poodena and zeera pani to warm up your stomach before a delicious meal. Their crackers and chatnis are also served as appetitizers, which will give you a preview of their good quality food.
3. Sweet Tooth(@sweettoothpakistan) is a perfect place to enjoy ice cream or warm desserts with a spectactular view. If you are not a fan of desi desserts, sweet tooth can offer you with a number of other dessert options such as brownies or cookie skillet. Their stairway is beautifully designed with neon paintings.
4. The Poet (@thepoetrestaurant) offers tasty food along with great service. The restaurant itself is designed beautifully and offers a free shuttle ride as well as pictures with Macau birds.
5. Cooco’s den(@coocosden.pk): This restaurant is a paradise for culture, art and carvings lovers. Their food has always been known for its good quality and freshness.